Holiday Writing Contest
Looking for a little distraction from the craziness of the holiday season? The Glenboro/South Cypress Library is holding a writing contest with a little holiday twist. Your task is to write a story using the first and last lines of Clement Clarke Moore’s The Night Before Christmas.
Your story must begin with:
“Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.”
And end with:
“But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight, Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"
The rest of the story is up to you . . .
The rules . . .
- Open to residents of the Municipality of Glenboro South Cypress
- Stories do not need to be written in rhyme as per the original story
- Stories should be no more than 10 pages, and can be as short as you like
- Please make sure your entry is legible. Typed entries are preferred
- Stories must be submitted to the Glenboro/South Cypress Library no later than Wednesday, December 20. Entries can be dropped off in person, mailed to Glenboro/South Cypress Library Box 429 Glenboro, MB R0K 0X0, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your age category: Child, Teen (13-19), Adult (20+) and make sure that your name and phone number and/or email address are on your entry
The Glenboro/South Cypress Library is open Tuesday to Friday from 9-12 and 1-5.
We will be closed Tuesday, December 26th for Boxing Day.