The mission of the Western Manitoba Regional Library is to enrich lives and strengthen communities by providing universal access to broad and diverse collections of resources relevant and responsive to community needs.
As focal points in our communities, our libraries are a valuable and evolving community resource, providing places of escape and discovery that foster new perspectives and life-long literacy.
- Provide prompt, friendly and knowledgeable service
- Show respect and courtesy in all interactions with others
- Value human differences
- Uphold confidentiality
- Promote local involvement
- Support Regional communication and collaboration
- Welcome growth through the inclusion of additional municipal partners
- Maintain a calm, comfortable and welcoming atmosphere
- Endorse the Canadian Library Association's Statement of Intellectual Freedom
- Be innovative, adaptive and attuned to emerging trends